Black Algae prevention after pressure washing

Jul 26, 2013
I have an older (1970) plaster pool that was nearly covered in black algae. The water was clear, but there was black algae all over the walls. I drained the pool and pressure washed every square inch, then sprayed chlorine on the pool surfaces twice, then refilled it. I've added baking soda, chlorine granules, stabilizer, and some chlorine tablets in the skimmer box. This was all done yesterday. My thinking is to maintain a high chlorine level in the pool with the hopes of the black algae being killed (if it's even still there). Any ideas or thoughts? Within the next month, I plan on installing an AutoPilot SWG.
Thanks.

33K gal, IG plaster, 1.5 HP Hayward pump, sand filter

I would add that keeping your chlorine levels above normal (say by 50%) is probably a pretty good idea for the first couple of weeks or so. You'll lose some extra chlorine but it may be good insurance. You can still swim safely anytime.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.