Brentwood, ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Saw some threads relating to the Hanna BL100 PH controller so hoping someone may have some isights into why I cannor get this working.

it calibrates just fine but when in pool line always reads about 3.9/4.

I have tried calibration and then immediatly dipping back into 7.01 sol but reads low.
I've done this a few times now and replaced probe once.

Maybe its controller (or me!) But anyone had issues and solved them?

Has the probe been put into service at all? Are you single point or double point calibrating? Have you cleared the previous calibration out of the controller? Please describe your calibration method if you can.

Has the probe been put into service at all? Are you single point or double point calibrating? Have you cleared the previous calibration out of the controller? Please describe your calibration method if you can.

Double point calibratio. 4.01 and 7.01. Controller recognizes both and says save on display.

I then placed into pipe, probe should sitting at least half into pipe. Display never goes above 4.03. Tried reset controller.

Removed from pipe and placed into new 7.01 sol assumimg that it should read that correctly bit still hovers betwen 3.9 and 4.03.

Either its controller or I'm doing something really dumb. My vote is latter.

Thanks for your replies, appreciate it.

Double point calibratio. 4.01 and 7.01. Controller recognizes both and says save on display.

I then placed into pipe, probe should sitting at least half into pipe. Display never goes above 4.03. Tried reset controller.

Removed from pipe and placed into new 7.01 sol assumimg that it should read that correctly bit still hovers betwen 3.9 and 4.03.

Either its controller or I'm doing something really dumb. My vote is latter.

Thanks for your replies, appreciate it.
I assume you are using the 7.01 solution first then the 4.01 solution after it recognizes/saves the first result?

After you put it in the 4.01 solution and it is accepted, does the “Cal” tag appear on the controller display before you press the CAL button to exit calibration mode?

Yes, although ir says save and seems to exit cal mode automatically as it goes back to main display after 1 ior 2 seca
I’d suggest clearing the calibration then recalibrating using single point calibration to start. If that registers correctly then you could retry two point calibration.

To clear:
Press the CAL key to enter calibration mode
Press MENU key until CLEAR is displayed
Controller should go back to measurement mode without the “cal” tag displayed indication it’s cleared.

Single point calibration:
Press the Cal key to enter calibration mode
Put the probe in the 7.01 solution
The display should recognize the buffer then tell you to wait until it’s stable then read saved
Once saved appears press the CAL key to save and exit calibration mode

So tried 1 point calibration.
1. Entered Cal and held menu to clear.
2. Entered cal again and controller asks for 7.01
3. Place probe in solution
4. Say recognized and then wait before going back to main display.

Heres strange thing.
1. While still in 7.01 cal and before wait appeared the display changed to read 4.01 as if waiting for that. It did not say "use 4.01" just the reading chnged.
2. Didnt wait for me to press cal to exit, did it immediate after "wait" on its own

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So tried 1 point calibration.
1. Entered Cal and held menu to clear.
2. Entered cal again and controller asks for 7.01
3. Place probe in solution
4. Say recognized and then wait before going back to main display.

Heres strange thing.
1. While still in 7.01 cal and before wait appeared the display changed to read 4.01 as if waiting for that. It did not say "use 4.01" just the reading chnged.
2. Didnt wait for me to press cal to exit, did it immediate after "wait" on its own
Interesting. So I take it that it didn’t hold calibration?