Phoenix AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
The grackles (visiting bird species) are back in Phoenix, and they land on my Hayward leaf canister (in series with Aquanaut pool cleaner) to have a drink. The canister has fairly neutral buoyancy so when it eventually traps a little air, it floats enough to provide a landing perch.

If I put some lead fishing weights in the canister will they corrode and affect the pool chemistry?

Any suggestions to add some weight to the canister that's pool-compatible?

edit: it's saltwater

cheers

The grackles (visiting bird species) are back in Phoenix, and they land on my Hayward leaf canister (in series with Aquanaut pool cleaner) to have a drink. The canister has fairly neutral buoyancy so when it eventually traps a little air, it floats enough to provide a landing perch.

If I put some lead fishing weights in the canister will they corrode and affect the pool chemistry?

Any suggestions to add some weight to the canister that's pool-compatible?

edit: it's saltwater

cheers
Maybe try something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Choice-Coated-Diving-Weights/dp/B01LXWSC61/ref=asc_df_B01M1RJ976 It's made to go in the ocean so it should be compatible with a salt water pool.

Reactions: 00DEREK
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.