Bird 🦅 droppings

Jan 1, 2019
Oakville on
Hey guys you need to help us please

second year in a row - we have birds nest not too far from pool - and mama bird takes baby birds droppings / Darn and puts it Around the pool or even inside the pool

it’s disgusting some days there are more than 20 droppings inside the pool or around - it’s disgusting and takes hours to clean up

did anyone experience similar problems ? What can we do? Thanks

Oh dear. Search the forum for “grackle” as it sounds like that is what you are dealing with.

Reactions: Alexukie
I have nothing to offer you other than my empathy! I am going through this right now as well (for the 4th year in a row) and it's miserable. I have posted in the past multiple times about my struggle with this and I've tried a LOT of things without success. This year, I bought Bird XPeller Pro (don't waste your money), have some plastic owls up and even strung bird scare tape on fishing line over a section of the pool.

Honestly, the bird tape on the fishing line has worked pretty good, seeing as they're hardly dropping anything where it covers, but they're hitting all of the other areas pretty hard and most of the pool is wide open. I need to put more up, but just haven't had time.

It's gross, it's distressing and as far as I can tell, there is no way to stop them unless you make it your job to knock down their nests from the trees before they hatch. That's not possible for us, so... At our home, the attack usually starts around May 4th and goes until the 2nd week in June, then it stops pretty abruptly. This morning, in addition to the sacs, there were dead baby birds on my pool deck :sick:

Good luck and hang in there - you are not alone!

Reactions: Alexukie
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.