Big Pool... Thinking of Robot

Aug 17, 2017
Plano,TX
So my booster pump is starting to squeal... With the usual repairs to my polaris pressure cleaner, I'm considering a robot. One of my concerns is the size of our pool. It's a rectangle but about 47' by 21'

Is this size a problem for a robot? Which one would be best? I'm also not looking to break the bank but realize this will not be as cheap as replacing the booster.

Finally, what do people who make the switch do with the wall outlet where the polaris currently hooks in?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there LittleLibo :) Welcome to TFP!

I would recommend a good sized robot like the Maytronics M400 (costly at about $1400) but seriously cheaper on energy than that pump you've been running and does a *far, far superior* job.
Dolphin M400 Robotic Pool Cleaner - Maytronics

A cheaper yet very good alternative is any of the Dolphins (S200, S300, S300i). Maytronics also sells these devices under a few different pool store labels. Mine is the S200 which I got from Doheny's and it is labeled a "Dolphin Discovery". Exact same machines, slightly different paint jobs.
Dohenys Pool Supplies Fast

They all work on pools up to 50 feet long. The only requirement is a power outlet within about 10' of the pool to plug in to. And you'll be amazed at what they pick up which other types of cleaners miss. That they also brush your walls is just icing on the cake!

As for what to do with the now unused Polaris outlet in the wall!? ---> See Skippy's Pool Cooling Fountain in my signature line. That's what we did!

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.