Best way to remove calcium buildup?

Awali

Aug 6, 2021
Seattle
I have little white sharp crusty things all over my pool walls, bottom, and the metal parts of my lights. I believe this is calcium build up, and I need to get rid of it because my kids are scraping and cutting their feet, it’s so sharp!

I bought an aluminum brush head (this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0893KHMCM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share) but it wasn't strong enough to remove anything.

My best luck has been with the green scour side of a standard kitchen sponge and manually scrubbing away at it. But it’s a 50,000 gallon (plaster) pool and while I can get the walls in the shallow end, I can’t get the bottom or very much of the deep end.

What is the best way to remove these things?

IMG_0366.jpeg

These are my results from today but the calcium (or whatever it is) first appeared early last season. It is no longer increasing or appearing new…I’m just finally trying to get rid of it.

After today’s test, I added muriatic acid to reduce the pH. I didn’t test the CYA today.

Thanks!

Your fc is very low - have you tested cya recently or is it actually zero?
You wanna make sure you follow the proper
FC/CYA Levels or you will have algae on top of your scale issues.
Here’s some info on dealing with the scaling
Be sure to turn on csi tracking in poolmath settings ⚙️
you will need to input your cya & pool temp as well for csi to be calculated

Reactions: Awali
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.