Best robot cleaner that is *available now* (we waited too long)

jlsmith123

Jun 11, 2020
Northeast Ohio
Our pool is
  • 40'x16' rectangle shape
  • stairs on both sides
  • gentle slope to ~5' max depth in the middle
  • has an automatic pool cover that we keep closed except when in active use, due to our small children (can we use a pool roboto while the cover is on, if we keep it just open enough for the cord?)
We have some tree debris, a fair amount of bugs (gnats, spiders).

We waited too long this season to buy a robot cleaner, and I see e.g. that the well recommended warrior SE is difficult to find.

Anyone have recommendations for a robot cleaner that is *available now* to buy? We can be flexible on our price range, but want to try and get value for money. (e.g. we would rather not pay $1000 for a $700 in value cleaner).

Contact Marina Pool and Spa in Colorado. They should be able to help you determine the best robot for your pool. Many here at TFP have purchased from and their prices are competitive.

If you have white plaster don’t get a black plastic robot. It will mark up the bottom. I’m working on trying to stop my Dolphin from making the bottom of my pool look like a kindergartner had a crayon.

Reactions: jlsmith123

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My mom was looking for a robot cleaner for her similarly sized pool as the OP. Marina told her the Explorer E30 would do well. $769 shipped.

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between the E30 and the S200/Active 20, and I'm not seeing much of a difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.