Best online pool store??

D&GNewbies

Jun 25, 2020
Iowa
HI all, so we originally were planning on getting an above ground pool from a place in the city next to us. They would also do the install. Great price on the pool/install. My issue is that we are getting the runaround from the owner. I don't mind shopping local, but when I ask a question via email/text, he purposely avoids answering me because, as he puts it " i just dont have an answer for you". Ok, i get it, but I despise being ignored. And if I am a paying customer, it really pisses me off. So we have now begun the search for an online pool store to potentially purchase from. We have reviewed several and so far we like The Pool Factor and Pool Warehouse. Both have mostly great reviews, some not great but that's understandable.
Anyone have any experience working with the above? Or have suggestions on others?

I know we most likely will not be able to install yet this year in order to swim in it, and that's fine. We want to at least get it installed prior to winter so that we aren't delayed and waiting for install in the spring. If that makes sense.

I think you're going to find the issue is that with many public pools closed this summer, kids summer programs shuttered, and higher than normal temperatures above ground pool sales have exploded. Since this was unexpected inventories are depleted and installers aren't getting any more answers than you are getting, they just don't know when or if their ordered stock is going to come in. You're being ignored because you are the hundredth "where's my pool?" email he got today and he has no answers for any of you. Unprofessional, yes, but can you honestly say you would react any differently?

Unfortunately it's unlikely you are going to get much better from anyone else this year. Maybe more communication, but not much better luck at finding and getting one installed.

we are planning on doing the install ourselves if we order online. The guy at Pool Warehouse super friendly and very knowledgeable.

But in regards to being ignored, i absolutely would not ignore a customer. It's bad business and can generate issues real quick. That's just me though and being in the customer service industry.

Was at local pool store picking up some fittings and overhead a lady ask when she could get her pool if she ordered one..... 2021.

I ordered one from Royal Pools earlier in spring prior to all the craziness, I feel like I got good price and service. It appears they don’t have much of anything available in stock at this point. I’ve seen and heard The Pool Factory is occasionally getting / showing stock, if you want to check / monitor their site, they typically seem to be associated with positive feedback as well.

Was at local pool store picking up some fittings and overhead a lady ask when she could get her pool if she ordered one..... 2021.

I ordered one from Royal Pools earlier in spring prior to all the craziness, I feel like I got good price and service. It appears they don’t have much of anything available in stock at this point. I’ve seen and heard The Pool Factory is occasionally getting / showing stock, if you want to check / monitor their site, they typically seem to be associated with positive feedback as well.
thank you! i have been stalking their site everyday. they did have the one we liked available on Monday, but while i was on hold with the place we are currently working with, the pool sold out. So back to stalking :)

thank you! i have been stalking their site everyday. they did have the one we liked available on Monday, but while i was on hold with the place we are currently working with, the pool sold out. So back to stalking :)
I purchased a pool from Pool Factory last December along with other items, ladder, Aquabot Pool Rover and what not. They are top notch in my book.

I hate to be pushing a vendor but this seems to be a common question so I will give my input. I originally ordered from pool warehouse - said it was in stock on their website. After about 4 or 5 business days they canceled my order and said it wasn't actually available.

I had given up at this point but my wife said pool factory had them in stock. I looked and sure enough they hada 27 ft so I ordered it and it shipped after about 7 or 8 business days. Arrived in perfect condition and they responded via email to when I asked about when it would ship. I haven't put it together yet- waiting on permits from the city - a whole different kind of slowness.

I hate to be pushing a vendor but this seems to be a common question so I will give my input. I originally ordered from pool warehouse - said it was in stock on their website. After about 4 or 5 business days they canceled my order and said it wasn't actually available.

I had given up at this point but my wife said pool factory had them in stock. I looked and sure enough they hada 27 ft so I ordered it and it shipped after about 7 or 8 business days. Arrived in perfect condition and they responded via email to when I asked about when it would ship. I haven't put it together yet- waiting on permits from the city - a whole different kind of slowness.
Pool Factory is our first choice if we end up ordering online. They have had great reviews from everything i have read online.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just ordered a 27' saltwater LX from pool factory last Friday. We too have been stalking the sites. When they pop up you gotta act fast. Usually gone within an hour. Got shipping confirmation today. Excited to get this sucker up.
We have been stalking the 24ft rounds, but they seem to be super popular. May end up going up to a 27ft, just don't want to go super huge and regret it

We ordered from Pool Factory on July 1. I knew stocks were low across the board but I didn’t realize how lucky we were to grab one when we did but I was worried until shopping notification that it would be cancelled for not actually being available. It shipped 8 days later and will be here on the 16th. We are replacing an intex pool that has rusted through and we didn’t think it would last the month. Not looking forward to site prep in Texas in July, but whaddya gonna do?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.