Best location for deep end of pool

Samantha1

Jan 11, 2021
bridgewater nj
New guy here looking for advice. I’ve been reading this forum for the last few months and gained a ton of info. I am building a basic 32 x 16 inground vinyl with interior steps,no spa or accessories just pool and surround.My backyard faces due south with no tree interference perfect sun all day.Trying to decide if the deep end should be on the right side(west)or left side(east)as you look at it.I am leaning towards left side,so in the afternoon if you’re sitting on the steps you will be facing into the sun which will be in the west.Am I missing something I should be considering? Thanks for all the great info.

New guy here looking for advice. I’ve been reading this forum for the last few months and gained a ton of info. I am building a basic 32 x 16 inground vinyl with interior steps,no spa or accessories just pool and surround.My backyard faces due south with no tree interference perfect sun all day.Trying to decide if the deep end should be on the right side(west)or left side(east)as you look at it.I am leaning towards left side,so in the afternoon if you’re sitting on the steps you will be facing into the sun which will be in the west.Am I missing something I should be considering? Thanks for all the great info.

What patio and deck size relative to the shallow and deep end of the pool? Since most people tend to congregate in the shallow end of the pool that's usually where you would want a slightly large patio/sitting area around the pool. Facing sun in afternoon vs morning on the east/west side really comes to personal preference. I would prefer facing sun in the morning but here in Texas the western afternoon sun can be a bit hotter/more intense than for you in NJ.

Reactions: Nikilyn
^ solid logic above. I will also add that kids generally congregate in the deep end of the pool. If you will have younger kids swimming, make sure you have good line of sight from where the adults will be, including inside of the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.