Best Heat Pump for PentAir systems?

Feb 26, 2017
Orlando Florida
Hello! Loooking to instal a heat pump for my PentAir salt system. It’s the ic40 - 12,500 gal pool. Looking for recommendations, I see PentAir on some online reviews and people aren’t very happy and that he company doesn’t stand by their products. Also went to Leslie pools and they’re pushing the Jacuzzi brand on me. Any good news on that? The warranty is a lot better than others tho. TIA

I installed a Hayward HP50TA heat pump a couple of years ago, it works great and we're very happy with it. Heaters are one thing that do not need to be same brand to be controlled by pool automation. I wouldn't be too concerned about online reviews for pool equipment. Lots of folks aren't really well informed on how pool heat pumps operate and how to best use them to maintain temps in their pools. They are not the same as a 400k BTU gas heater. Now, if the reviews specify repeated call backs for repairs on newer units that might bear more consideration.

Most, if not all, major brand pool heat pumps use HVAC products from major HVAC manufacturers like Rheem. I haven't noticed any real preference for particular heat pump brands on TFP. Pretty much everyone here seems to like their brand of heat pump as far as I have noticed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.