Best brand and thickness of vinyl pool liner for in-ground rectangular pool?

Hello all, we need to replace our 17 year old vinyl liner for a 38' x 18' rectangular shaped in-ground pool. Fiberglass steps in the corner of the shallow end. The pool depth goes from about 4' on the shallow end to about 8' on the deep end.

Any recommendations for the best brand of vinyl in-ground pool liners and what thicknesses would be best?

Thank you!

20 mil is easier to work with in colder weather but I prefer a 27 or even 30. I did my 30mil easily on a sunny 75degree day and I feel the thickness helps extend the life of it. The major brands like Latham etc usually have better inks and fade slower than cheaper brands but alot of that is chemistry. Therea a thread called vinyl liner roundup with many pictures if liners installed and the details on brand and color. Are you DIY this or having it done by a pro?

Whomever you hire is going to use the brands they deal with so you may not have luck specifying a particular brand. Even then different companies have the same patterns and colors so you may say get me this and he installs same looking liner from someone else so be aware of that especially if theres an upcharge. You got 17yrs out of a liner so you are waaaaay ahead of the game your water quality is the biggest thing to keeping liner looking good and worry about the quality of work and the warranty

Reactions: Bucky63
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.