Best above ground pool to buy

Mother2lotsofkids

Apr 26, 2020
Kansas
We have put up an Intex pool for the last 5 years. Now we want one that we don’t have to take down every year. Is it smart to buy one on the internet? If so, which site is reputable? We are very handy. My husband has lots of equipment and want to do the work ourselves. Thanks for the input!!

The pool factory is also another option- from what i’ve heard they have good customer service. Aka sending missing/ replacement parts overnight etc. I was going to order from there but couldn’t find anyone to install & do my digging around here. You just need to decide what things are most important to you & go from there. Also watch some videos of installations to get a feel for the work involved & think about gathering up a crew for help on build day. Me & my kids put up my 16’ intex but putting walls & a liner in was a process that requires a few people & efficiency. Also I had intex pools for many years (upgraded as the kids grew taller) & always left them up & winterized them. I am in north Ms though, not sure what your weather is like there.

Purchased a pool from Pool Factory December of 2019 along with several other products every few months. Most recently, the Aqua Bot Pool Rover. They might not be the cheapest, but in my humble opinion, they are the best around. Everything is exceptional quality and packaged like they actually care. Their Portofino liner is about the nicest looking liner I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Purchased a pool from Pool Factory December of 2019 along with several other products every few months. Most recently, the Aqua Bot Pool Rover. They might not be the cheapest, but in my humble opinion, they are the best around. Everything is exceptional quality and packaged like they actually care. Their Portofino liner is about the nicest looking liner I have ever seen.

the Portofino liner is sooo beautiful! Sadly my pool builder Would only install the only one they carry - boulder ?

I had great experience with Pool Factory. Had an issue with pump manufacturer to meet code with a locking plug requirement. Manufacturer would not send electric part to home owner. What a crappy policy. Called Pool Factory and they stepped in and made it happen. And had cost covered for me as well. Couldn't believe it in this day and age. lol. That alone spoke volumes with me! Pool is great, no complaints. Install nowhere near as easy as you may expect. I'm a contractor so believe that! Not impossible but do your homework and do it right! Rent or buy a rotary laser! So much easier and accurate! Good luck!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.