Here is a full set of #'s as you requested:

FC 16
CC 0
TC 16
pH 7.2
T/A 120
CH 70
CYA 50

Just a little update, the filter is still holding pressure and water coming back in is still fairly strong. I'll let you know what happens in the morning after doing the OCLT. Thanks :)

I haven't posted in a couple of days b/c it's been an incredibly busy weekend, but the pool is still not clear, even after using DE in the filter. I passed the OCLT test for two nights, except for the clear water. I have done some more reading around on the forum here, and came up with a game plan and of course, some more questions :) First things first, when closing the pool last year, my husband didn't realize he was pulling the plug for the sand on the filter, and let some out. So... we left it until opening this year. We went and got sand and replaced according to what the manual said. However, it said two things that contradicted each other- To fill sand to a specific line (which is what we did), and also to about 6" from the top of the filter, which is two different places. So... my question is- if I fill the sand to 6" from the top of the filter, will it hurt the filter or us while using it, if it turns out to be too much sand? I read a post on here that someone's pool wasn't clearing b/c there was not enough sand in the filter ( (http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/25694-How-often-can-I-use-clarifier post #10 by solarboy), so...I'm wondering if it could possibly be the case for me. Also, I know this is probably overkill, since I passed the OCLT a couple of times, but I purchased and received new chemicals for my TF100 test kit, so I'm going to see if my numbers are actually what I think they are. Plus, I plan on pulling the ladder back out, giving it another good scrub down, and spraying it with a bleach spray, just in case. Other than that, the walls have been scrubbed continually and the floor vacuumed, and there is no possibility that anything could be on it. So... does this sound like a good plan and should I try the added sand? Sorry for being long winded but thank you for your help- I do appreciate it b/c I'm not getting anywhere on my own :D

After backwashing and adding more DE, did your pressure go up again like the previous time? I am talking about the 1 psi from adding the DE, but once you were done with the DE and left the filter to do it's job. If your psi increased fairly rapidly, then the DE is doing it's job. Keep doing it, and it should filter to clear.

It has been, yes. It isn't going up as quickly, but it is going up and I am backwashing, noticing discolored water coming out. I'll keep doing what I'm doing then and give it a few days and report back. I'll hold off on the other things then, if you don't think it's necessary. Thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.