Base filter pressure?

lmisko

Jul 22, 2016
Twin Cities, MN
I was wondering if there is a relationship between my sand filter gauge and the pressure markings on it and a minimum speed for my intelliflo VS pump? Is the "start" arrow where my minimum pressure should be when the pump is on? Also, my "clean" pressure is well above the 20-25% recommended based off of a minimum ~10psi if going by the gauge. I have been tinkering with my speed timings and I just want to make sure I am not being less effective when the pressure is below that first mark. Thanks!

1c2751293d2ab7fabcffb7d150597947.jpg

You can pull that black bezel, that says start and clean, right off the filter gauge. By pulling the bezel off and tossing it in the garbage it will make it much easier to ignore what it's trying to tell you. If you normally run the pump at 1800 for circulation and skimming backwash the filter when it reads about 8psi when running at 1800rpm. Thats assuming the 6 psi is a fresh backwash reading.

Yeah everything has been going very well in my first year so I am just trying to make sure I am not missing anything. If I crank it up to 2300 rpms I can get the pressure to that ~10psi but then that is quite a bit more energy than 1800 or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.