Baquacil/CDX Conversion to Chlorine then SWG

Could it have been a chlorine pool before the baqua? The bleach you have recently added contributed a few hundred ppm.
No it has always been a Baqua since we opened it. I went ahead and added 4 bags last night which is what my pool math said I need to go from 1400 to 3500 ish. Tested this morn and its at 3800. Am planning on plumbing in SWG and starting up tonight.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Wait till you see how clear it gets with the proper chemical ppms.
Yep, looks like I am a day or two behind you. Morning of day 4. My family is kinda staying clear of me since I stink of chlorine! lol My SWG is arriving Thursday, getting salt Saturday. New DE Heyward 65 getting anxious to be put into service.

Reactions: PhantomRIO
Yep, looks like I am a day or two behind you. Morning of day 4. My family is kinda staying clear of me since I stink of chlorine! lol My SWG is arriving Thursday, getting salt Saturday. New DE Heyward 65 getting anxious to be put into service.
Just a reminder. Make sure you check salt levels prior to adding salt. Mine was already 1400. Not sure why but added what pool math said I should add to bring to 3500 and I am now at 3800 so SWG going in tonight.

SWG is plumbed in and running. Was not difficult, just took awhile in order to let unions dry and align everything. I also had to extend the pipe coming out of the filter to fit the SWG in before it made the 90 degree turn into the ground and out to the poolPics attached). Also SWG is telling me salt is at 3300 so a little lower than what I tested at but well within limits(CircuPool RJ 30+ instructions say to aim for 3000-4000). I definitely oversized thinking I had 15000gal pool when I really have a 12000gal so I am starting at 50% generation output for 10hrs a day and will test the next 2 nights after it runs. Will adjust after 2nd run and go from there on fine tuning. Any suggestions on this stage are more than welcome.

Attachments

• SWG Before.jpg
    SWG Before.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SWG After.jpg
    SWG After.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 12
Any suggestions on this stage are more than welcome.
Looks great !!! It’s all trial and error from here on out and you already know the general rules but will have to see how your pool responds going forward. FC too high after a day ? Lower % and/or runtime. FC too low ? Raise one or the other.

I cannot recommend getting a VS pump next enough. I just bought mine and my SWG for my pool after moving before I even have a contract to build the pool. I feel THAT strongly about them. Running 24/7 was just so dang easy. I only had to adjust the % every 4-6 weeks as the season (UV) ramped up or winded down. I was always on the higher side and no weather or bather events mattered. Most days I could throw an impromptu get together with 15 people as is.

Is a timer absolutely necessary for SWG? I know that not running a pump 24/7 can save energy. I have always ran 24/7 for the life of the pool. Probably was habbit as I used to have the Baquacil AD system which pumped in chemicals every night.

The SWG should never be powered on when the pump isn't on itself. It is a safety issue.

Timers take care of that... a lot of folks for example run their pumps from 8am to 6pm.... so they run the SWG from 9am to 5pm, or some thing like that. Capisce?

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Matt_PEBKAC_Oh

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great !!! It’s all trial and error from here on out and you already know the general rules but will have to see how your pool responds going forward. FC too high after a day ? Lower % and/or runtime. FC too low ? Raise one or the other.

I cannot recommend getting a VS pump next enough. I just bought mine and my SWG for my pool after moving before I even have a contract to build the pool. I feel THAT strongly about them. Running 24/7 was just so dang easy. I only had to adjust the % every 4-6 weeks as the season (UV) ramped up or winded down. I was always on the higher side and no weather or bather events mattered. Most days I could throw an impromptu get together with 15 people as is.
Copy that and thanks. Current pump bought just last year but will keep this in mind as I go through this season of adjustment.

Reactions: Newdude
Current pump bought just last year but will keep this in mind as I go through this season of adjustment.
Disregard the new pump idea. At least for a while. I just checked Amazon and the 011028 is now $2050 and the 011056 is $2300. I bought my 028 three weeks ago for $1500 out the door. AND THAT was high !!!!! Ouuuuuuuuch. Lol.

• Wow
How has the SWG been doing this past week or so? curious as I am about to dump salt. I have tested twice in the past couple weeks durning conversion. Both times when I start dropping the R-0718, it turns milkly and after a second or third drop... brown. SO, that would mean not enough salt to test correct?

Hows the system running? I got mine installed and running. Drop test was reading salt at 3200, when I power off the RJ30+ and back on, it will climb to 3400 but an hour or more later, its reading 2600-2800 so Im confused. It isn't demanding salt and it running at 50%. I plan to check tonight to see how its doing.

if it is happy and running creating chlorine do not worry about what the number is saying.. it will fluctuate with water temp and salt and a few other things... I like my SJ because it has no display and it just works... :)

Reactions: Mdragger88
+1. My IC60 without the automation has a green light and a red light. .......... is the green light on ?? *walks away for another week*.

When I power it on, it jumps/counts up to 3200-3400 ppm. Slowly falls back to this. Is it normal? I don't see any activity in the chlorine-make-it-happener.

Attachments

• 20210601_145057.jpg
    20210601_145057.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 1
so it drops down to 0000 and is not making any chlorine?

Try the following 1 at a time..
changing it to 100%
turn it off and on at 100%
try turning the pump rpm up or down some

are there any red sensors? are any of the lights on?

so it drops down to 0000 and is not making any chlorine?

Try the following 1 at a time..
changing it to 100%
turn it off and on at 100%
try turning the pump rpm up or down some

are there any red sensors? are any of the lights on?
No red sensors. When it drops to all 0000's it isn't producing. Did the above, will see if it makes a difference. 1st pic shows how far it dropped since last post. Then after powering off and back on, it counts up to 3400 and starts generating.

Attachments

• 20210601_151544.jpg
    20210601_151544.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210601_151744.jpg
    20210601_151744.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.