Baquacil Allergy

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
How has this conversion gone for you? Are you done? Has your wife had any problems using it?

I just want to say that I have a very bad food allergy so I have unfortunate experience in this arena (it can get scary crazy fast!). Every time you come in contact with an allergen that causes severe swelling and hives, you create the propensity to exacerbate the allergic reaction which can turn fatal with additional exposures. Please do not take this lightly. My last reaction put me on life support for 2 days due to a biphasic allergic reaction when I thought I was getting better. Maybe a trip to the allergist can shed light if she truly is allergic to Baq. If she is, she has to be very careful swimming in people's pools and ask what they sanitize with just like if I eat out, I have to ask what oils they cook with.

clduncan

Jul 2, 2019
Waco,Texas
We drained the pool and filled with fresh water. We now have chlorine in the pool and we are all good, besides the temps being in the low 90's but it is Texas. We left about 2 inches of the old water in the pool and it didn't turn colors at all 8 gallons of chlorine and we were good just a couple days is all it took.