How has this conversion gone for you? Are you done? Has your wife had any problems using it?
I just want to say that I have a very bad food allergy so I have unfortunate experience in this arena (it can get scary crazy fast!). Every time you come in contact with an allergen that causes severe swelling and hives, you create the propensity to exacerbate the allergic reaction which can turn fatal with additional exposures. Please do not take this lightly. My last reaction put me on life support for 2 days due to a biphasic allergic reaction when I thought I was getting better. Maybe a trip to the allergist can shed light if she truly is allergic to Baq. If she is, she has to be very careful swimming in people's pools and ask what they sanitize with just like if I eat out, I have to ask what oils they cook with.
We drained the pool and filled with fresh water. We now have chlorine in the pool and we are all good, besides the temps being in the low 90's but it is Texas. We left about 2 inches of the old water in the pool and it didn't turn colors at all 8 gallons of chlorine and we were good just a couple days is all it took.
Has anyone had an allergic reaction to Baquacil products? This is our first year using Baquacil and my wife went for a swim and her eyes swelled up to the point she could barely see and has developed a rash all over her body. For some reason she wants to keep the Baquacil and we stopped using the CDX and are using the algaecide program now. Anyone have any advice besides getting rid of baquacil like I want to .