PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi. Our pool was completed last fall. We have a pool that is 33,000 gallons, plaster with pebble tech finish. We recently opened the pool 3 weeks ago. I’ve been trying to get our chemicals in order. I had been using Leslie’s testing till I received my TF PRO kit. Surprisingly, most of the results have been the same as Leslie’s testing. I need help with my current readings:
FC - 8.14
CC - 8.41
pH- 7.6
TA - 103
CH - 220
CYA - 55
Salt - 2376
Phosphates - 141
I have been adding CYA so I think I am good with that. I just added some more after this test. I plan to add more calcium chloride to increase my CH. The phosphates are high (I had the last test done at Leslie’s because I was away from my kit). I am perplexed about what to do about my salt because my generator is reading about 3200 but my own testing and Leslie’s measure about 2400. I don’t know what to do about the chlorine with it being elevated.

Any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.

+1 on posting up your own results as those look like Leslie's results.

Also note that 8 FC is just fine for that CYA, despite what Leslies may say. You and I have the same CYA, and if you look at my avatar, you can see where I keep my chlorine.

Thank you all for your input so far. Sorry for posting Leslie results.

I used my TF test kit and have the following results:
pH - 8.2
FC - 11
CC - 0
TC - 11
CH - 275
TA - 110
CYA - 40
Salt - 2800

Please post up the numbers from your TF-Pro. We don't use pool store testing to offer advice.
Thank you all for your input so far. Sorry for posting Leslie results.

I used my TF test kit and have the following results:
pH - 8.2
FC - 11
CC - 0
TC - 11
CH - 275
TA - 110
CYA - 40
Salt - 2800

Add muriatic acid to lower pH to 7.2, which will in turn lower TA. After a couple of days, pH will rise, and you can more muriatic acid. Your TA will settle around 50-60 and your pH will stop rising.

You also need to enable tracking of CSI as this pH and TA levels will likely lead to scaling quickly of the SWCG. Scale is your enemy.

Add muriatic acid to lower pH to 7.2, which will in turn lower TA. After a couple of days, pH will rise, and you can more muriatic acid. Your TA will settle around 50-60 and your pH will stop rising.

You also need to enable tracking of CSI as this pH and TA levels will likely lead to scaling quickly of the SWCG. Scale is your enemy.
Thank you. Based on those results, my CSI is 0.35.
I’ll be adding some muriatic acid for sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support