Bad R-0009?

Mickey Moose

Jul 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
I started on a new bottle of R-0009 that I ordered a couple weeks ago. My TA has been 60 - 70 since July 15 and today it jumped to 110. My pH did not change - has been 7.5 - 7.8. My previous bottle of R-0009 is from October 2016. I didn't retest TA but will tomorrow. Could a fluke be that far off from normal or is this indicative of the new R-0009 being bad??

Thanks for your thoughts.

I did but maybe my cloth was not damp enough. And now that you mention it the drops were smaller than normal which would account for the higher result. A re-test is absolutely in order since you brought that to light. Thanks.

I did but maybe my cloth was not damp enough. And now that you mention it the drops were smaller than normal which would account for the higher result. A re-test is absolutely in order since you brought that to light. Thanks.

Probability is that this is testing error. The CC bottle (forget reagent number), I thought was bad as I never register CC's (I guess a good thing). My neighbors water registered CC of 1. The bottle is going onto 24 months and I will throw out after the season. If stored properly, I have heard that some people have used them for 3 years. But then again, reagents do go bad and they are guaranteed for 18 months, if go bad.

As you can see from this post, this is the main reason why pool store testing is NOT recommended. A minor set back, but with pool stores, they test quickly and almost every test is bad. Thank you.

Basic Tek:

I modified my posts to refer back to yours. Thank you for all your help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.