Huntington Beach, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
So I tried backwashing my DE filter for the first time and I noticed that this caused the spa jets to turn on with DE dirtying up the water. I immediately turned off the backwash and returned the piston to its normal position. Now when I turn on the pool filter at high speed it causes the spa jets to turn on. Does anybody have a clue what's going on?

Did you happen to hit the return valves to the spa return? The return flow is controlled by the valve that turns between pool and spa. The backwash is on the valve by the filter. These are independent. So something could have got accidentally turned.

Also, any DE that is coming out of jets (pool or spa) indicates a tear in a grid or did not seal on the grid manifold.

The spa jets turn on whether the valve is set to pool or spa. I have not inspected filter grids yet but I heard from someone else that may be the problem.
It might be helpful to post some pictures of your equipment pad from different angles and specifically the backwash valve.

When in pool mode - do all the spa jets return flow or just 1?
Also, do you have any automation that may create a spa spillover effect?

The valve is automated and it appears to be responding in reverse. Don't know how that happened. I control the pool usually through my Pentair Screenlogic app on my phone. I don't know how or why backwashing would change any settings. And my SL Configurator app looks the same as before.

Attachments

• IMG_6400.JPG
    IMG_6400.JPG
    415.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6402.JPG
    IMG_6402.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 3
The valve is automated and it appears to be responding in reverse. Don't know how that happened.
There is a switch on the back of the automated controller. Flip it opposite of what it is now and the valve will rotate.

It may have gotten hit. This would cause the spa jets to be active when in pool mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.