Back from Vacation for over a week- kids want to swim tomorrow!?

Kmeans

Jul 29, 2018
Windham, NH
Hi-
We were away for over a week with no one to tend to the pool. The filter didn’t run and there was no chlorine added during that time. We are back now and my kids want to swim tmrw! The pool is very clear, besides needing a good vacuum. Do we just need to add chlorine tonight and should be ok for tmrw? How much chlorine would you add?
Thanks!!

Thanks- I have been using the Taylor testing system- but am out of CYA fluid- it has held around 30 last time I checked it.
so raise chlorine to 12? Then it will be okay to swim with it that high?
Usually keep it around 4-6..
Any idea how much chlorine it would take to raise it to that level? Starting from probably zero!
thank you!

I guess I would test your FC before adding any. Then you have a choice as to whether to go up to SLAM level for your pool, or up to your normal level.

SLAM level would be safest, as your FC level may have dipped below minimum while you were away, and even though your pool is clear (you're lucky) algae may have developed in some places.

You can swim safely at SLAM level.

Question: Why did you not run your pump while away?

Reactions: Kmeans
I have added quite a bit of chlorine- over a gallon ,and level is still 11
Trying to get to 12-
Is there something that could be causing it not to raise? Seems like I’m adding an awful lot and am debating adding more!
thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.