Back flushing hook up

justinS

Bronze Supporter
Jan 25, 2018
tucson/az
Hello ,
I was wonder how everyone hooks up their back flush piping? Right now I have a 2” pipe reduced down to fit the blue plastic hose.
I set the PVC up, unroll the plastic , have someone turn the pump one and I hold on like crazy till water turns clear.
I was thinking of using some threaded pvc? That way the piping will stay and I can do the back flushing alone

If you're going the fire hose route, 1 3/4" fire hose fits snuggly over 1 1/2" PVC pipe.

My fire hoses came with fittings. I cut a 5' section of hose and slipped the cut end over my backwash pipe (had to use a little pool lube to slide it over) and secured with a couple of hose clamps. 5' is about right for when I backwash. And I can screw the fittings together if I need a longer length - like to drain to my sanitary sewer cleanout in the front yard. The 5' piece stays attached year round and the other 45' piece is stored in a deck box until I need it.

Call around to a couple of local fire departments and ask what they do with their old hoses. Some departments will sell to you cheap or give for free - others either destroy them or sell to a wholesaler.

If you're going the fire hose route, 1 3/4" fire hose fits snuggly over 1 1/2" PVC pipe.

My fire hoses came with fittings. I cut a 5' section of hose and slipped the cut end over my backwash pipe (had to use a little pool lube to slide it over) and secured with a couple of hose clamps. 5' is about right for when I backwash. And I can screw the fittings together if I need a longer length - like to drain to my sanitary sewer cleanout in the front yard. The 5' piece stays attached year round and the other 45' piece is stored in a deck box until I need it.

Call around to a couple of local fire departments and ask what they do with their old hoses. Some departments will sell to you cheap or give for free - others either destroy them or sell to a wholesaler.

Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.