Away for a week

May 31, 2016
Sterling/MA
I will be away from my pool for a week. Generally, I test ph and FC daily and add 12.5% chlorine as needed, usually 2 quarts plus or minus each evening. Would it be best to just slam with 14 quarts before I leave, or get slow disolve tablets to keep it stable? My usual levels are around 7.5 ph and 3-4 FC. Water is perfect. No one will be using pool in my absence. Thanks!

Adding a week's worth of chlorine won't make it last the whole week you are away! We usually suggest bringing the FC to shock level, covering the pool if you can, or bring to shock level and let the pump run 24/7 while you are away. You can use a floater if your CYA is lower. How high is your CYA level?

CYA 35-40. I will be running pump 24/7, for sure. I do have a solar cover, I usually don't use it, as by this time of year pool is too warm, not too cold! Would that help keep chlorine level up if I bring it to shock level of 14-16? Pool gets 12 hours of sunlight per day, at least.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.