OH
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Looking for some advice/insight on the differences between Coverpools and Coverstar auto pool covers for a SW pool. Few questions: Does the coverstar auto pool cover work well/at all with iaqualink? Does the cover pool stainless steel line make a big difference when compared to rope? Does anyone have any experiences with either or that their able to share? Thank you

My family home has a Coverpools cover that is 30+ years old. The cover itself has been replaced multiple times over the years, and in all that time we never had the ropes fail. The primary failure mode is that he edge of the cover where it runs in the tracks will fray with time and eventually reach the point where the mechanism can no longer move it.

My brand new personal pool has the new stainless steel cable model, and my impression is that it indeed seems to be a significant improvement, but not sure if it really was worth the extra cost.

It does integrate with the iAqualink, but the integration is limited to locking out features when the cover is close. So useful to prevent the water feature from flooding the cover if you had a feature that would do that (I don't). It can also adjust the SWG output to a different setting when the pool is covered, which is also not particularly useful for me (as the pool is covered 95% of the time) but that feature might be useful to some.

I am not up on the latest of automation's integration with autocovers, but I can say that being able to have automation change the SCCG % based on open vs. closed would be a very useful benefit for me.

Given that Fluidra owns Cover-Pools, Jandy and iAquaLink, I'd go that route. That integration is important for ease of use and the most complete linkage offerings. Cover to cover there are certain to be some plusses and minuses, but they aren't that different. They all seem to have pretty good ropes as standard these days, even if some/all may have SS options too.

We have a Coverstar and it has been pretty good. Ropes broke once around year 6. Any dealer repairs are EXPENSIVE, but that's universal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.