Gold Supporter
May 22, 2018
Elmhurst, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last year I tried a Dolphin S200 Demo and loved it. I promised myself to get one this season, but I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere this year.

First question: Anyone know where I can buy the S200?

Next question: I found the cleaners that look similar below...

Dolphin Proteus DX4 - $849 (Leslie's)

Dolphin Nautilus CC PLus - $839 (Amazon)

Explorer E30 - $769 (Marina)

They seem similar, but I'm wondering if there are any significant differences in these machines.

Each has a 60' swivel cord. I believe each has the top loading filter. The Explorer looks like it comes with a Spring and Ultra fine filters (other just seem to have the Fine filter). The Explorer also shows one standard and one Active brush. I believe the others have one Active brush. (What exactly is a Standard brush?)

Are all of these machines made by Maytronics? Are they essentially the same as the S200?

I appreciate any info/ recommendations on these or other automatic cleaners. Thanks.

Give Marina pool and spa a call and they will hook you up :)

here is a comparison chart..

Thanks. I saw that list on their website, but they also have a notice on the site that they are out of stock on many of those. They have another list of in stock cleaners. I called and am waiting for a call back. Thanks again.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thanks. I saw that list on their website, but they also have a notice on the site that they are out of stock on many of those. They have another list of in stock cleaners. I called and am waiting for a call back. Thanks again.

Try Pool Express online, they're based in Texas and have some discounted (open box with 1 year warranty) and new pool robots too. I bought an open box Dolphin Cayman. I had my eye on the Nautilus CC but I realized I should get one with a longer cord. I am not dissappointed. They also have Chat Support should you have any issues.

Try Pool Express online, they're based in Texas and have some discounted (open box with 1 year warranty) and new pool robots too. I bought an open box Dolphin Cayman. I had my eye on the Nautilus CC but I realized I should get one with a longer cord. I am not dissappointed. They also have Chat Support should you have any issues.
Thanks. Just saw your recommendation now, but had already ordered from Marina. Wish I had seen it earlier. Might have ordered an open box cleaner and saved a little money. Is the Cayman the same machine as the S200? E30 has a 60' cord.. Otherwise, they look pretty similar (except for color).

Is the Cayman the same machine as the S200? E30 has a 60' cord.. Otherwise, they look pretty similar (except for color).
I'm not seeing the two side jets/thrusters on the Cayman that would allow tile line cleaning, so no, I think the Cayman is just a rebranded S100.

I went ahead and also ordered the E30 since the S200 is out of stock till July+.

I had added an order note about the filter "upgrade" option:
"Hello! TFP steered me here. I keep reading about a filter upgrade? I can have quite a few leaves @ times. Enough to fill up a whole leaf trap canister with my current vacuum setup. Wondering if it’d be worth the filter changes? Thank you!"

And Marina/Margaret's response:
"Hi Mike, We don’t have these cleaners in stock in Denver (they ship right from Maytronics) so I can’t do the filter swap they talk about on TFP. However, this comes with the big basket and fine filters which are the best choice for pools with lots of leaves. They will ship on Tuesday! Thanks so much, Margaret"

Here is Inyo's hands on demo of the E30, I guess it's a "new" for 2021 model. Joy, just more obfuscation to the lineup. Hopefully the stock filters will be enough for my application. My application meaning I really only run my cleaner once there's a lot of organic material at the bottom of my pool. I also have some sand/dirt sometimes. I'm not one to run my cleaner on a regular schedule "just because". To much of a dang hassle with my side suction. Who knows, sounds like the S200 clone is gonna be a total game changer and I might just start running it weekly since it'll be easier to use.

Thanks. Just saw your recommendation now, but had already ordered from Marina. Wish I had seen it earlier. Might have ordered an open box cleaner and saved a little money. Is the Cayman the same machine as the S200? E30 has a 60' cord.. Otherwise, they look pretty similar (except for color).
I'm not sure if they're the same, but I picked it over the Nautius CC because it had a longer cord, 60 ' and it would climb up to scrub the water line. I've had it about a month and happy with it so far. I did some price searching and It looks like I got about 130.00 less than a new Cayman model. I like the 1 year warranty from them and I already used the chat support for a few questions, and they were helpful.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Read this article which maps out the units that are the same

Reactions: m a hanson
  • Dolphin S200 = Dolphin Active 20 = Dolphin Cayman = Dolphin Nautilus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 920 = Dolphin Proteus DX3 = Doheny's Saturn = Dolphin T35
You sure about that? I'm not seeing the side ports on the Cayman which would be used in tile line cleaning.

In my limited research it appears the open looking tracks like the Cayman are the S100 variety whereas if the tracks have a side plate they're of the S200 variety.

To be honest it kinda pisses me off how much Maytronics obfuscates the entire lineup of robotic cleaners. Shame on them.

Pretty happy with my E30 thus far, but it's certainly far from a "tangle free" cable. Have had to stop the machine twice so far to untangle the cord. Anyone know any "tricks" for keeping the cable on these cleaners from tangling?

Your E30 is the same robot as mine. But the Triton PS Plus (S300+ aka T.O.M.) mine came with both fine (leaf) and extra fine baskets. You can buy the extra fine plates on Amazon. You can also buy an extra internal leaf basket for use with the extra fine plates.
T.O.M. has a different control unit which is WiFi/Bluetooth, has 2 cleaning cycles (2 hour and 1 hour bottom only) and allows 7 day a week programming on your phone.
If I had to do it over again, I would probably go with an S200 (or equal) and use the "Automation Mode" and hardwire it into my Pool Automation system cleaner relay for "Programming".

Another question.... With a CYA of 40, TFP recommends FC be kept at 5 to 7 with a minimum of 3. The E30 owner's manual says that the cleaner should not operate in a pool with FC over 4. How concerned should I be if my FC is at 5 or 6 and I want to run the pool cleaner?

Pretty happy with my E30 thus far, but it's certainly far from a "tangle free" cable. Have had to stop the machine twice so far to untangle the cord. Anyone know any "tricks" for keeping the cable on these cleaners from tangling?
Does it have the white tangle free module?

Another question.... With a CYA of 40, TFP recommends FC be kept at 5 to 7 with a minimum of 3. The E30 owner's manual says that the cleaner should not operate in a pool with FC over 4. How concerned should I be if my FC is at 5 or 6 and I want to run the pool cleaner?
Mine lives in the pool and the FC is 10. It is affecting the coloration of the Orange Plastic. I don't care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.