Automatic pool cleaner Recommendation

Mar 2, 2014
Cincinnati OH
Hi. We have a 24ft round AGP. When we purchased our pool as a package several years ago, an automatic cleaner came with it --we never even tried to use it until last year. I don't know what kind it is (it kind of looks like a sting Ray)..and it really didn't work well. It would get stuck in the steps or get stuck on a side/wall.
Does anyone have any recommendations for an automatic pool cleaner for a round AGP? Thanks!

I have used the Dolphin escape and the Pool Rover Jr. I can't recommend the Dolphin for an above ground flat bottom pool! The scrubbing brushes move the dirt before the suction picks it up. You can read some reviews on Amazon about this. In my opinion there is a design flaw or a more powerful suction pump is needed in the dolphin. The dirt will re-appear after it settles in the pool usually in about 30 minutes when I run the pump. The dolphin does a great job at picking up sticks and leaves!!! The filter basket is easy to clean as well. I still have it and would be glad to sell it to you …

The pool rover jr worked great but the draw back was the cord tangling. The dolphin cord never tangles (I wish I could get the Rover Jr with the Dolphin cord). But the rover definitely picked up the fine dirt at the bottom of the pool. The cord was a bit of a pain to un-tangle but at least the pool bottom was clean! The filter bags on the Rover Jr definitely filtered the water very well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.