Automatic chlorine feeder

Jul 10, 2015
Blackstone, MA
Hello! Haven’t posted in a long time, have been having great luck with our inground pool. I was wondering if anyone uses an automatic Liquid chlorine (we would use bleach in it) feeder like this: Hasa Pool The Liquidator, 8 Gallon, Standard
I am intrigued but not sure how it works. Has anyone used one and did it work well? If so how do you install it, does it connect to the filter? How do you make sure the right amount of chlorine is feeding based on what you know to be your target?
thanks for any input anyone may have!

I have the 8 gallon Liquidator and it works well. It's simple and effective. I have mine connected to the pump drain plug and the heater drain plug, so I didn't have to drill any holes in the plumbing. There are many threads here on the Liquidator.

That being said, I would suggest a Stenner pump. Again, there are many threads discussing that here.

I ended up deciding that a Stenner was a better choice for me.

Also, there was recently a post on here that HASA is very soon going to introduce an improved design on the Liquidator that addresses some of the maintenance and reliability issues associated with the original models.

I have the liquidator and used it for two years but found it more on an inconvenience to fill it once a week and not have total control of who much chlorine was being added compared to just adding a 1/2 gallon every other day manually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.