AutoFiller replacement

Ukiwis

Jul 22, 2018
California
I have replaced the auto-fill valve in my pool and I'm now wondering if certain valves are preferred over others?

I replaced mine with a typical toilet fill valve from HomeDepot (Fluidmaster 400A) and now I may have created some sort of issue. I believe I set it correctly but when I left for 2 weeks I came back to the pool being very full. The level had increased a couple of inches with there being no rainfall in that time. I left the level around half way up the skimmer and on return it was about an inch from the top.

It also surprises me that it can get this high as when it is, I have to push the float a long way down to trigger any flow.

1571864478891.png

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments?

I've had problems with this filler. It seems to overfill the pool and I'm not 100% sure why. My pool guy said it's a special order but didn't know how it is different from the Lowes/Home Depot variants. So, I picked one up at the local pool store for the $40 and installed it. No idea how it differs but it's all black instead of some parts being grey and is a Fluidmaster 400. It came without the rubber seal at the bottom and without the tube from the nipple at the top (maybe that's the secret right there)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.