Auto pool cover for pavers

Mary97

Oct 3, 2020
Michigan
Hello. We are having an aquasport 52 AGP buried fully inground next spring. Does anyone know of an auto pool cover that can be installed on grass? I have found the anchors for safety cover in grass but hoping for an easy everyday cover that also provides safety benefits. Thank you.

grass = no bueno :( Autocover tracks need to remain stable, not moved or shifted as grass grows. Also how would you mow the grass and not damage the tracks nor the ropes??

Are you not going to have any decking around the pool itself? That would provide hardscape for tracks. The tracks are positioned about 2 inches from the edge of the pool. You can sit on the tracks easily as they're quite flat.

The only other suggestion I can come up with is a manual cover on a reel that you crank to open/shut. It wouldn't be attached to the ground along the sides so it moves along the pool edge. It is NOT a safety cover though.

Maddie

We were thinking about pavers around the pool edge and I wasn’t sure it could attach to that either. But ... after looking at paver options we decided today to get some concrete quotes since we need a patio anyway (was planning to get pavers for that too but quotes are coming in at 24/sf, yikes!). Concrete would also solve the auto cover issue. 😀

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.