Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello,

I’m going to install speakers around the pool. I was thinking to put the receiver in a dry location in the cabinet of the outdoor kitchen. Does anyone see any concerns such as rusting or any type of damage from humidity?

Thanks

You should consider mounting the receiver fully indoors (in conditioned space), and obtaining a receiver that has wifi remote capabilities and integrates with iTunes, Spotify, or whatever music storage and/or streaming solution you prefer. I use a Denon AVR-S750H with 2-room capability. The outside is a "room" with ability to play different source at different volumes. It's hardwired to outdoor marine speakers, and I can use ITunes remote, Spotify, and the Denon app to control sound and track listing.

Reactions: Aquaman7
Thanks for the inputs. Inside would be ideal. Set it up and forget about it. If I put it in the outdoor kitchen I’m going to have to bring it in at the end of every season. Decisions, decisions Lol

I second the networked receiver inside option. I have a Yamaha with the main zone controlling the living room and zone two pushing a pair of speakers under the eaves out back. Super easy and no fuss. Turn it on from my phone while lounging in the pool... change Pandora stations... crank the volume so it drowns out the sound of my neighbors cutting the grass, etc.

Of course, because this works just fine, I'm considering tinkering with it this summer and running line-outs from the 2nd zone to a larger amp (need more power and a dedicated subwoofer out!) and then controlling that second amp with an IR blaster from my Harmony Hub. Maybe. If the wife doesn't catch me messing with this stuff and ask too many questions of course.

I second the networked receiver inside option. I have a Yamaha with the main zone controlling the living room and zone two pushing a pair of speakers under the eaves out back. Super easy and no fuss. Turn it on from my phone while lounging in the pool... change Pandora stations... crank the volume so it drowns out the sound of my neighbors cutting the grass, etc.

Of course, because this works just fine, I'm considering tinkering with it this summer and running line-outs from the 2nd zone to a larger amp (need more power and a dedicated subwoofer out!) and then controlling that second amp with an IR blaster from my Harmony Hub. Maybe. If the wife doesn't catch me messing with this stuff and ask too many questions of course.
Sounds good. Thanks Gary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.