At my wits end with Leslie's, hoping you can help

I have a very similar problem. And local pool stores no help. This Forum is the best place for good advice that actually works! Fiberglass pool, about 6000 gallons, cartridge filter. Opened pool, took a week to get water clear but it had green tint. Tested for metals, said none. Tried Leslie's stain remover and cleared the stains and the water as I watched. Two weeks later, some staining back and water a clear, light green again. I don't have the exact water chemistry, but it is about 7.2 pH and chlorine was high. I turned it up because I thought I had algae. Now lowering Chlorine to add more absorbic acid. What is the best sequestrants to use?

I have quickly written off Leslie Pool for knowledgeable advice. I've come to expect Leslie to be the WalMart of pool stores with Macy's prices. I've found a local store that is more like a Macy's with Macy's prices... I trust their wisdom and experience, as each of the employees also are independent pool service techs, managing many pools. If they give advice, I often compare with this forum. I'm more of a lurker here, but tend to trust the combined wisdom of experienced pool people. The pool store typically sells items the employees usually use for their private businesses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.