Astral SWG

CaseD

Mar 29, 2018
Millington, TN
Anyone know where Astral SWG cells can be bought? My pool installer used this brand, and it looks like this company is based out of Australia, and I'm not seeing many options in the states. I need a new SWG cell, Astral VX11. Original installer wants $700 for a new cell (installation not included) and that feels high.

Thanks,
Casey

Wow that's steep alright. You could order from here. I just found one for AU$400. That's around US$300. Installation is an overly big word because it's easier than swapping a car battery and not heavy.

Yours is the second Astral SWG thread in the last couple days, so I'm guessing they're breaking into the US market. Astral is the name for an older company, Hurlcon, and they're generally well thought of. SWGs have been the norm here for 30 years and there's quite a few companies that make them.

How old is yours? That's a big chlorinator. How big is the pool? Another option for similar cost is to buy a complete Circupool SWG, but that would be a bit more work to put in.

Thnx. My pool is 31k gallons, and it's 4 years old. I would've expected to get a few more years out of the salt cell. Yeah, on the installation, I was just pointing out that cost was just for the part itself, no service call to come out and hook it up. Looks like I'll be ordering from Australia. Really aggrevated that I would up with a brand that's not really serviceable here locally except for my pool installer apparently. Do you know of a place that ships to the US?

That's a big pool. Nice! :)

It looks like 4 years could be around about right, so you must be doing a good job with the pool. For Stateside guides watching the thread, it's equivalent to a 2.2 lb/day cell, and there may be others here who would know if that's a good cell life. You might be able to get a couple more years out of the next one using TFPC.

Sorry, I don't know which suppliers ship to USA. poolshop.com.au had a good price but I don't know anything about them. directpoolsupplies.com.au has done a good job for me.

That's a big pool. Nice! :)

It looks like 4 years could be around about right, so you must be doing a good job with the pool. For Stateside guides watching the thread, it's equivalent to a 2.2 lb/day cell, and there may be others here who would know if that's a good cell life. You might be able to get a couple more years out of the next one using TFPC.

Sorry, I don't know which suppliers ship to USA. poolshop.com.au had a good price but I don't know anything about them. directpoolsupplies.com.au has done a good job for me.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks, I saw that also and dug into it a little bit. The US division of Astral Pool only offers a 1 year warranty - I still have my manual and warranty info from when we built the pool. I've ordered a unit from poolequip in Australia. Price was much better than I could find here in the states.

Just got my Astral pump and SWCG yesterday. Wasn't thrilled about getting a foreign brand but had such a hard time getting other estimates and ran out of time. I'm glad to see at least there's some people out there with it! Hopefully by the time I actually need parts they will be available.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi all im looking at buying a Astral VX11 here in Thailand any feedback on the quality/reliability of them not a lot of choice here and twice as expensive as AUS/US had a emaux before was supposed to be a AUS brand but dont seem to sell them there so im guessing chineese with a AUS website anyways not very reliable so looking for something else as always on a budget :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.