Bronze Supporter
Apr 15, 2020
Pageland SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey y'all. I have a Warrior SE, and have recently bought a used Ariel skimmer on eBay. Overall, I LOVE the combination.

I swear when it was new, my Warrior would keep EVERYTHING clean, but now it doesn't seem to clean as well as it once did. Maybe it's in my head, but there are always a few leaves on the bottom. No matter how much I run it they'll be there. Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy with it and it does a good job. Just seems like once upon a time it kept everything up all by itself.

Anyway, with the skimmer and the vacuum working in tandem I think the pool is going to stay very clean. However, the Ariel sucks the cord from the robot into it and that jams up the paddle wheel on the front.

A) that sticks it and renders it useless until I notice and free it up.

But

B) and more importantly, I'm afraid this is going to tear it up. The front paddle clicks as it's trying to turn but can't. So far no harm seems to have been done, but I'm afraid this could damage it.

Have any of you encountered this issue and found a way around, short of just removing one of them? I wonder if I could find some weights to put on the robot power cable to keep it a few inches below the surface.

Due to who I am as a person, if the plan was to keep the robot out of the pool and put it in once or twice a day to clean... oftentimes it wouldn't happen and the pool would suffer.

Nope, it’s a known problem. People have tried weighing down the cords, but it does not work. Feel free to keep trying.

However, the general consensus is you can run a robot skimmer or a corded robot. Just not both at the same time.

Gotcha, thank you.

No, I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment. If it's been attempted without success, I doubt I'll have any myself. It sounds like I need to get more disciplined with a schedule of putting the robot vac in and taking it out.

Perhaps my next robot will be a cordless version.