Are these two filters interchangeable?

I agree the specs do appear to be the same except for the square area. I'm going to guess there's just additional cleats in one versus the other. Seems kind of silly to have two cartridges from Hayward that similar which makes me wonder if there's something we are not seeing

If you look at those different filter numbers on different sites they show both as the same length and on others the that PA106 or FC1226 is a bit shorter which would explain the surface discrepancy. If it's just a matter of saving a few bucks I'd go for the one specifically for your housing.

Well, here's the deal. I was confused because when I looked at my filter housing and it has this model number:
1VfoG68

1VfoG68
MHTqDdF.jpg

Then there is this sticker which tells you the filter number to buy. Except my model number is not on here, so I don't know what to get. I already bought the PA112 which appears to be the right filter for a C-4520 housing, but this sticker was giving me doubts. I think I'll be ok with what I bought.
5MK8PfP.jpg

Hi, I know I am late to answer. The only difference between the PA106 and PA112 is 6 square feet of filtration fabric. The reason for having two part numbers that are very similar is because Hayward has two different tanks, so replacements are made for both tanks. Even though 6 square feet doesn't sound like a lot, when you multiply it by 4 cartridges in the system, now you have a 25 square foot difference overall. In the grand scheme of things, the only difference will be dirt holding capacity. The PA112 will be able to hold slightly more dirt. Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.