Gold Supporter
May 16, 2018
New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My Active 20 crapped out. Looking at the replacement motor and there only seems to be one coming up:

Part # 9995388-EX

Some sites list all models and others list specific models.

Can anyone confirm please?

Cheers

Active 20 is the same as the S200 so any motor assembly listed for either of those two would work. I would suggest you buy an OEM part only from a Dolphin dealer … eBay and other sites that list them cheaply are probably just scrap motors pulled from other robots. Current prices for the replacement motor assembly are $450.

At that prices, your about half the cost of a new robot. Makes more sense to buy new as I guarantee something else will fail next and you’ll just winding dumping a lot of money into a money pit of repairs. However, if the robot is only a few years old, you may get away with motor replacement only.

My 5 year old S300i died and I tried to repair. Couldn’t do it as Dolphin limits certain critical internal parts to the motor assembly. So I decided to go back to using suction side cleaners because I didn’t want to pay the cost of a new robot every 5 years … YMMV.

Active 20 is the same as the S200 so any motor assembly listed for either of those two would work. I would suggest you buy an OEM part only from a Dolphin dealer … eBay and other sites that list them cheaply are probably just scrap motors pulled from other robots. Current prices for the replacement motor assembly are $450.

At that prices, your about half the cost of a new robot. Makes more sense to buy new as I guarantee something else will fail next and you’ll just winding dumping a lot of money into a money pit of repairs. However, if the robot is only a few years old, you may get away with motor replacement only.

My 5 year old S300i died and I tried to repair. Couldn’t do it as Dolphin limits certain critical internal parts to the motor assembly. So I decided to go back to using suction side cleaners because I didn’t want to pay the cost of a new robot every 5 years … YMMV.
Yea the unit is only 4 years old. And a new active 20 is $1100 before tax. So $450 is considerably less than half price.

4 years ago it was $600 brand new from marina. Oh joy.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Yea the unit is only 4 years old. And a new active 20 is $1100 before tax. So $450 is considerably less than half price.

4 years ago it was $600 brand new from marina. Oh joy.

Wow 😮

A $500 price increase in 4 years … that’s nuts. The motor assemblies were cheaper too … I think back then they used to only charge $300 or less for a motor assembly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.