aquarite salt water system - HI Salt LED Stays ON

Jun 14, 2010
Hello,

I don't know what is wrong with my Aquarite Salt System. A few days ago, the HI LED LIT and remains constant. I have drain quite a bit of water and add on fresh water. However, the HI LED still stay on after the system kicks in once flow thru the cell reached (15-25 seconds after turn to either AUTO or SUPERCHLORINATE mode). I have 2 cells and the controller gives me the same problem = HI LED Stay ON. Another thing is the salt level display always display 0. Does anybody has this same problem? Because it happens on both Cells, I dont think the problem is the cell. Any suggestions/recommendations is greatly appreciate. Thanks for reading.

Regards,

Minh Nguyen

:?: :(

waste said:
Hi again :wave:

With 2 cells both reading 'high salt', I'd have to assume that the salt level is 4000+ ppm. Is there any way you can test the salinity?

thanks for responding. I was on travel and just got back. i have my pool on chlorine now due to travel. I am ready to tackle the problem again. I don't know how to test the salinity of the water. While on travel, i research more on the web and someone recommend that the control board may goes bad. I will check that too. Thanks.

Thanks Jason. I did bought a thermistor (typical burn out part cause by lightning) and have yet to replace it. I removed the controller box front panel, and main control board, nothing looks bad or burned. But i will remove the thermistor, and ohm it out with the new one. Will replace and hope this fix the problem. Will post the result soon i hope. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.