Aquarite Power Light Off - Generating Light On, No Chlorine

Started slamming this morning. Have already gone through 8 121oz jugs of 8.25% bleach trying to maintain a FC level of 16. Water is very clear and no visible algae. Initially had SWG off, but turned it on to provide additional chlorine. Where could the chlorine be going? It is very sunny and hot today (low 90s).

I'll do a OCLT tonight to see what I have.

Think I'm done. FC was 18.5 last night and 18.0 this morning. CC is 0.5. Water hasn't been this clear since the winter. I'll turn the SWG on 60% and let the chlorine slowly fall until I can dial it in. Also, the dang power light on the SWG is now on! Go figure.

As a side note, I think my pressure gauge is shot. It's reading about 40psi, even when the pump is off. I assume you guys recommend this one? TFTestkits.net

Thanks for all your help. My wife thought I was trying to dispose of a dead body with all that bleach!

If you have verified that all of the wires are going through the correct holes in the display board, then it's probably going to continue to be an intermittent light. I would just ignore it. As long as the volts are 30 to 32 when not generating and 24 to 28 when generating, the power is fine. Check the diagnostics periodically to verify correct operation. You could replace the display board if you want, but I don't think that it's worth the money.

Perhaps try removing the display board and spraying some contact cleaner in the holes.

Ok, now that the water looks better than ever, I could use some help tuning my SWG in. Here are my latest test results:

pH - 7.5
FC - 1.0
CC - 0.5
CH - 425
TA - 80
CYA - 60(ish)
salt - 3000

I've kept the pump run time and SWG % the same as always. 12 hr run time in the summer (8am - 8pm) at 60%. Seems like I need to bump one or the other up to get my FC higher. Suggestions??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You had 18 ppm yesterday and now you're down to 1 ppm. That's a pretty big loss, especially if the SWG had been on. Maybe the slam wasn't complete. At a minimum, I would add enough liquid chlorine or bleach to get to a minimum of 9 ppm and set the SWG high enough to maintain 9 ppm for one week.

It actually lost all that FC during the day yesterday. It was 2.5 at 7:30 last night. I've got 7 more jugs of bleach left. I can keep at it. There is a tiny bit of algae around my lights. But without taking them apart, I can't get to it. And I can only take them apart if I drop the water level by two feet. I can do that, but I was planning on waiting until my replacement LED bulbs came in.

Edit: Added 363oz of 8.25% bleach around 10pm. Should raise FC by 12.

FC at 14.5 and CC at 0.5 this morning. Right about where it should be after adding the bleach last night and running the SWG overnight. So I'm not losing FC at night. I'll test again when I get home from work. The water looks the best it's ever looked. Had a small amount of "dust" on the bottom in a couple places this morning. Not sure what that's about. Dolphin will make short work of it though.

I really want to get this dialed in before Saturday. Go on vacation for a week. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Had a big storm today. Probably 3-4" of rain. Here are my latest test results:

Salt - 3000
pH - 7.65
FC - 9.0
CC - 0.5
CH - 375
TA - 80
CYA - 50

Added 242oz of 8.25% bleach to increase the FC back up to shock level. The water looks amazing. I'll do another OCLT tonight. Hope I'm almost done!

Ok, thanks for the update. Once you finish the slam, I would set the swg high enough to maintain the fc at 7.5 to 9ppm for one week before dropping back down to normal fc levels.

Here's a graph of my progress. The SWG has been running the entire time, set at 60% until yesterday morning, when I increased the output to 80%. Now that the water is perfectly clear, pump run time was reduced from 24 hrs to 12 hrs. Also added some DE to my sand filter over the weekend. Really polished things up. Hopefully it won't be too hard to dial in the SWG. Anyone know where I can get some output numbers of a T-15 so I can do some math? I'm solving an equation with two variables (pump run time and output %) by trial and error!

FC graph 2015-06-05 - 2015-06-11.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.