Aquarite no lights

curtiv

May 25, 2015
williamstown
Ok. So I started w no power light and a check fliw light but all the readings present. Then a day later no lights. No display. I replaced the board. Nothing. The voltage in looks good. I have a $5.00 harbor freight multimeter. I looked at transformer . It looks gooey on outside. I test white n blue I get 2.7 to 2.9; the grey and violet like 3.1 . I tried testing the yellow. I got a zero. Idk. I ordered a new transformer. I'm at a loss. Does the display board ever go? I might add all this started after I had the pool company clean my t15 cell! My raypak heater also not working. Error code says control board. Any suggestions on how to test the transformer when not in use? #help

Ok. So I started w no power light and a check fliw light but all the readings present. Then a day later no lights. No display. I replaced the board. Nothing. The voltage in looks good. I have a $5.00 harbor freight multimeter. I looked at transformer . It looks gooey on outside. I test white n blue I get 2.7 to 2.9; the grey and violet like 3.1 . I tried testing the yellow. I got a zero. Idk. I ordered a new transformer. I'm at a loss. Does the display board ever go? I might add all this started after I had the pool company clean my t15 cell! My raypak heater also not working. Error code says control board. Any suggestions on how to test the transformer when not in use? #help
When you say the "voltage in looks good" I take it you confirmed the incoming AC power to the system is healthy. If you are confident to troubleshoot, disconnect the yellow wire from the board. Set your meter to 200 ACV, turn on AC power and probe the yellow wires. Whether you are wired for 110 or 220vac you should measure at least 24Vac across. If it is zero, then I am guessing the x'former built in thermal fuse went bad since I see no external fuse on the PCB to protect the x'former. Sorry, but I refused to disturb and investigate my working SWCG just to confirm this statement.

Neeways, if the x'former went bad (which is rare) then you need to make sure that the bridge rectifiers are good. Otherwise, it will toast the replacement x'former in an instant. Do your diligence and search the internet on how to test a bridge rectifier. You might find it interesting!

I don't have a heater like yours, but somebody else might be able to assist you on that. Good luck!

Reactions: Terryl66
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.