AquaLogic P4 is Turning Solar on when it is DISABLED

Well, the system reset didn't last but a couple of days. Then the system went back to turning on the solar either when the pump turns on or when the pump switches speeds. Makes no sense.

Should VALVE3 be set to "solar"?
I just installed a 2 speed pump and am having the reverse problem. I can't get my solar to turn on. My setup is Low speed on Aux 2 and solar on Valve 3. How did you eventually solve your problem?

I just installed a 2 speed pump and am having the reverse problem. I can't get my solar to turn on. My setup is Low speed on Aux 2 and solar on Valve 3. How did you eventually solve your problem?

This issue was awhile ago but I assume you read the entire thread but I will cut and paste a section:

Here is the current pertinent info from the menu of the P4:
Solar = enabled
Aux1 = Filter low speed
Aux2 = solar
Valve3 = solar

This issue was awhile ago but I assume you read the entire thread but I will cut and paste a section:

Here is the current pertinent info from the menu of the P4:
Solar = enabled
Aux1 = Filter low speed
Aux2 = solar
Valve3 = solar
Yes. I read the complete thread and I just did a reset and re-configuration of the settings. My setup is the same as yours except I am not using Aux2 for turning the solar valve on manually. In your post, you tried (if I remember correctly) disabling the solar for 24 hours, turning the breaker off then back on. It lasted couple days. At the end you had a question about setting valve 3 to be solar, which I believe is correct. You don't happen to mention any other magic potion you used for this problem?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.