aquabright worth the money?

pesos

Mar 14, 2020
Austin
Hi all,

Time to redo the plaster on the house we just bought (this was known going in). Quotes are coming in around 13-15k for plaster or quartz, and the lone aquabright installer is quoting 15k plaster 17k quartz 19k aquabright. Ouch! I had originally worked 9k into the negotiation on the house, definitely underestimated.

This seems high compared to other quotes I've read around the internet - or is this the going rate these days?

Thanks!

not sure whats fair but I did AB 2 years ago and have added less than 16 oz of acid to my pool since then to manage PH.
If my pool didn't leak the chemistry would be VERY stable

Here is a good thread about AquaBrite:

,,and here is another one from a trusted TFP member:

Yes thanks! Great threads. I am sold on aquabright generally, just trying to figure out if the quote I got is typical/reasonable. Not sure if there is really an alternative as I doubt anyone is going to travel from Dallas or Houston for a job

One of the threads mentions that AB should theoretically be cheaper, as you can put it over the old plaster (assuming its in good condition). Replastering should involve a labor-intensive process of chipping out the old plaster down to the gunite. Check with the installer to make sure he isn't chipping out the old plaster and putting a new layer on and then AB over that. Maybe it will bring the cost down......

and BTW one of the AB installers in Dallas lit our pool on fire and melted the LED lights and the swim jet. If you look on youtube you can see the video

serach for
Aquabright install Oops

• Wow
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.