Aqua Rite Salt Generator not showing FC

Jun 13, 2010
Hi, I'm new to this.

I just got a new Aqua Rite 40,000 generator, I have been running it 8 hours daily with 0 FC

PH 7.7
Alk 100
CYA 70
Hardness 220

Added 2 gallons of 12% shock last night with generator running at 75% output. Tested FC today at 0.

Panel showing generating, voltage about 25 and amps at 6.25. Also loosened union tested water with postive results.

Thanks

25,000 IG vinyl
Hayward DE Filter

Welcome to TFP!!

Did you add (enough) salt to the pool? What does your unit tell you the salinity is?

The SWCG can't produce chlorine without enough salt in the water, that's the first thing I'd check :)

We're here to help you, but we need to know how much salt is in the pool.

I believe my Aqua Rite will not generate chlorine above 3500 ppm. I get a High Salt/Amp error message. Are you sure the SWCG is actually running 70 % of the time? The other possibilty is that you have an algae problem and it's using all of your chlorine. Is the water clear?
Two gallons of 12% should have given you about 10 ppm.

Rob

How warm is the water? If you are getting 25 volts and 6.25 amps and your seeing results at the cell, then you are generating chlorine. You mentioned you added 12% shock. I am assuming you added 12.5% chlorine for shock? In any case, something is chomping at our chlorine. You might want to start with Pool School in the upper right hand corner and see if your missing something.