Aqua Rite Display Diagnostics Button not working

lews

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 24, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
I've just restarted my system after a refill. The SWG appears to be working - no flow light, then green generating light. When I switch to superchlorinate, that light comes on. But my display shows 5.00, then it changed to 5.60, now it's at 5.90. Nothing happens when I push the diagnostics button. When I first tried the diagnostics button yesterday - the all the lights (power through inspect cell) flashed. It's like something reset???? I've turn off the power at the breaker and turned the Aqua Rite switch off and back on. Everything works, except the display is still stuck on 5.90.

Any ideas?? Hayward currently has an hour wait time. By the way, I've double-checked to make certain the diagnostics button isn't being stuck by the cover plate (as can happen sometimes). Perhaps there's a way to reset the system???

Pull off the display board and reinstall it. Check the display board and the main board for any visible damage. Make sure that the pins line up with the correct holes that have metal.

How old is the box?

If resetting the display board doesn't work, you might need a new display board.

I removed and cleaned the display connectors, and now it shows 5900 (and won't change with the button). The main control panel is about a year old, but the control box/unit (the system) itself is about 12 years old. I guess I need the display panel.

yes to both. And I put it on superchlorinate and could tell the FC was increasing - Everything seems to be working fine. The display board is $102 on Amzon - ouch. They have an aftermarket for $68 but I don't know - only 5 reviews.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.