Aqua pod battery replacement

Jun 22, 2017
Florida
Any updates on replacing batteries in a Aqua Pod? Saw some of the old posts using AAA batteries and GoPro camera batteries. Before I take my remote apart, what is the voltage required and are there L/I batteries available?

shopkeeper

Joe,
Any idea what the stock AquaPod battery output is? The charging station puts out 9V @ .66A And your battery pack may be the perfect match

shopkeeper

Like I said I never worked on one of these but I have replaced built in rechargeable batteries in many other units. The key to success is not to rush things and be leery of being too forceful in disassembly/reassembly.

In the 2nd video link he mentions it is 4.8v at the 5:45. Neither video shows a clear picture of the label to get other info. It is not unusual for the charger to have a higher voltage that the battery it is charging. There are regulator components in the units charging port to maintain the proper voltage. He was using 4 AAA rechargeable batteries, the battery unit I suggested should be that equivalent,

BTW where are you in FL

Hello All,

I have successfully replaced the battery in an AQL2-POD2 remote unit.
Given the unit's original housing integrity, it is still water tight.
The result is a unit working with an even better battery capacity than when the unit was brand new.

Please note: an improperly sourced replacement battery could be dangerous and result in fires.

Please feel free to message me as I offer this repair to folks who are interested.

Attachments

• 20210521_181906.jpg
    20210521_181906.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 3
Hello All,

I have successfully replaced the battery in an AQL2-POD2 remote unit.
Given the unit's original housing integrity, it is still water tight.
The result is a unit working with an even better battery capacity than when the unit was brand new.

Please note: an improperly sourced replacement battery could be dangerous and result in fires.

Please feel free to message me as I offer this repair to folks who are interested.
I would much appreciate hearing more on your replacement technique. I am like everyone else. 2 years old and won’t hold any charge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.