Aqua Plus Chlorinator Off, Check Salt Levels

Doszust94

Jul 17, 2020
Deltona Fl
I recently bought a house with a salt water pool system, and it is equipped with the AquaPlus automation panel.

The original salt sell was bad, so I bought a new one and replaced it, and it was saying chlorinator off, very low salt, check salt levels. When I checked my salt levels were at 4300 ppm, so not low at all, actually they were too high. I read that the cell will turn off if levels get to high, so I diluted it down to 3100 ppm, however it still says chlorinator off: check salt levels. The diagnostic screen says -29volts, -0.00 amps (sometimes bounces to -0.01), and 0000 ppm salt. The check system light is on and it keeps flashing check system: very low salt

Any ideas? I tried calling hayward but it keeps saying "all representatives are busy, call back later"

What are the first seven characters of the box serial number from the inside of the door?

It should be something like 3L15045.

You probably have a bad solder joint on the circuit board.

If you know how, remove the circuit board and check the back for bad solder joints and touch up as needed.

The box is from August 2007, which makes it AquaLogic. I suspect that the board is damaged. You can remove the board can inspect the back for burn marks or weak solder joints if you feel comfortable doing that.

Note: Goldline introduced AquaLogic in 2003. Hayward acquired Goldline in August of 2004. Hayward discontinued AquaLogic in 2008 and replaced it with Prologic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.