Aqua Connect app showing lost link......... Ideas??

induce

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2007
Murfreesboro, TN
Aqua Connect app showing lost link. iPhone and iPad. YET, it works. Hayward rep came and hooked everything up today. Great guy, great experience. New build. Aqua Connect to Ecommand 4. all works great, just has this odd message.
Any ideas to fix? I've reset router, reset aqua connect, re taught wireless, renamed pool to POOL, turned off power to everything. and i've been on hold with Hayward now an HOUR !!
app looks like this:

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 57
Aaaaand just like that, it's gone.
i spoke with a Hayward rep after waiting 80 minutes on hold, (really). He said their servers went down, etc etc..
Sure enough this morning, the (lost link) is gone.
Thoughts,
Hayward is a big big company. IMHO, Their web page, apps, interactive things and esp support are all out of the 90's.
Needs a big facelift and brought into the current loop. Hayward: scoop up some ex apple, google or other high tech peeps and revamp your web and equipment interfaces. Think Nest. Also consider live online support.
Thanks !!

Have you seen OmniLogic in use? I have not yet seen it, but did have ProLogic installed when they built my pool last year. It did come with the upgraded touchscreen remote, but have been looking at getting the aqua connect installed. I would be interested in your thoughts of the Aqua Connect - how easy was it to install, connect to wifi, and user experience once connect and up and running? Did you have an Aqua Pod remote? That's what I am currently using.

To your point, the problem with Hayward / Penntair / etc is that they are pool manufacturers that have been making pumps, filters, and valves for decades, but they aren't technology companies. We, as a society, have come to expect the Apple / Google experience in all areas of our lives and when a company fails to deliver it, it leaves us disappointed.

Have you seen OmniLogic in use? I have not yet seen it, but did have ProLogic installed when they built my pool last year. It did come with the upgraded touchscreen remote, but have been looking at getting the aqua connect installed. I would be interested in your thoughts of the Aqua Connect - how easy was it to install, connect to wifi, and user experience once connect and up and running? Did you have an Aqua Pod remote? That's what I am currently using.

To your point, the problem with Hayward / Penntair / etc is that they are pool manufacturers that have been making pumps, filters, and valves for decades, but they aren't technology companies. We, as a society, have come to expect the Apple / Google experience in all areas of our lives and when a company fails to deliver it, it leaves us disappointed.

Omnilogic looks pretty slick. but a bit $$$$$$. I had a PS-8 with tabletop remote and SWG at last house. worked well. BUT. it was expensive. also, a main board failed and two cells in 5 years.
Decided i was going to try a different route this time. so i got the Ecommand4 and was going to use the puck remote. until i found out the puck was just an on/off remote. no heat temp settings etc.
PB got me a deal on this with aqua connect in the box. so it's ..................ok. I asked the Hayward tech rep guy to install it. He had to call Tech support several time and it didn't want to play with Apple Safari. He had to download Firefox on my Mac to install the aqua connect. Then we deleted firefox.
It works fine, but i would rather have an aquapod. Which is not compatible with this outside controller. :(
Honestly, i would keep that aquapod and your money. The Hayward remote that talks only to the hayward outside box is pretty much foolproof.
I was kinda hoping for "Alexa, turn pool lights on"
Not yet.

I’m having the exact same issue as the OP.
Says lost link. But works, slowly, but works.
No idea what the lost link is about.

Also I read somewhere how I can control using my local IP. But lost the info, can anyone share?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.