Aqua Blue vs. Tropics Blue....

angelaintx

Dec 8, 2020
TX
Hey Everyone!

New build in North Texas at the gunite stage. Our last decision is pebble color. We are going with stonescapes mini pebble and are trying to decide between aqua blue and tropics blue. I love french grey but my husband thinks the water reads too green to him. I also like the look of midnight blue but with being in full sun in TX, we worry it will get too hot during the summer. We also live right on a pond and want to be able to see any critters that might be in the pool.

Any suggestions between aqua blue and tropics blue?

Thanks!

Any of those colors would look great. The aqua blue is popular where i live. In the end I went with a modified French Grey. I was trying to stay with my grey and black color pallet and wanted something that looked like granite.pool 3.JPG

I vote aqua blue. I think tropics blue is more green. We're going with aqua white which is, I think, a lighter version of the aqua blue. Also think about what color the steps will be. Which do you want to look at?

I vote aqua blue. I think tropics blue is more green. We're going with aqua white which is, I think, a lighter version of the aqua blue. Also think about what color the steps will be. Which do you want to look at?
I think I’d like the tanning ledge and the steps to be lighter in color but don’t want to sacrifice a pretty pool color, you know? I’m wondering how much of the green trees surrounding the pool will effect color?

I’ll post a picture of our yard and the pool plan. :)

Attachments

• 53DCBC79-848C-4FC3-89FB-93DFB178C36C.jpeg
    53DCBC79-848C-4FC3-89FB-93DFB178C36C.jpeg
    750 KB · Views: 139
  • 094FE796-792B-4761-8C66-4F2F5EBBE10C.jpeg
    094FE796-792B-4761-8C66-4F2F5EBBE10C.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 145
The surrounding colors have a big impact on water color. My first thought is that trees would make the water more green but I'm not sure. @Dirk is really good with colors and can tell you what kind of impact your landscape will have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.