AQL-P-4 - no t-cell size setting?

twb199

May 4, 2020
AZ
Hi all,

I'm new here and just moved into a house that has a pool w/salt chlorination installed. It is a AQL-P-4, Software revision 2.41, display software revision 3.11. The pool inspection stated that the salt cell was bad / needs replacing since it was 10+years old. I bought a new generic replacement T-Cell 15 which matches the old one. I have it all hooked up and went through the settings (config menu) and noticed there is no option to select the size of the t-cell. I added salt 3 weeks ago per the salt calculator and now the display says "Chlorinator Off High Salt/Amps". I have an 18000 gallon pool, and there was no salt in it when starting this. The calculators (used multiple sites) all said to add 480lbs of salt to raise the levels to 3200 so I added 12 40lb bags. I have checked the back of the board and the solders look fine, no burnout/bad spots at all. It actually looks like new on back of it. When running the diagnostics it reads -24.0V > 10.00A > 89F(temp) > 6200PPM. Do I need to dilute the pool, or is something wrong with the board that I don't have the setting to check the size of the T-Cell? It goes right from the salt/minerals setting to the pool/spa config options. Any help would be great.

You put in too much salt. You need to dilute it down to about 3,400 ppm.

You should have checked the salt level before you added salt.

You need a K-1766 salt test kit.

Okay, thank you. It still throws me off that there is no setting in the menu to select the right size t-cell. I thought it wasn't reading right due to that. And there was zero salt in the pool. It was drained after last summer, cleaned and refilled with fresh water.

I just ordered the kit, thank you so much for that. Yea it is mixed in. I also have the skimmer in there so it's getting pumped all around in there. I'll dilute today and see how it goes.

You would have to replace the circuit board.

That's not the problem. The salt is just too high.

You added the correct amount assuming that the initial salinity was zero and the pool volume is 18,000 gallons.

So, something is off.

Let's see what the K-1766 says.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.