APC Brand Automatic Pool Cover Rope Replacement

kasey333

Jul 5, 2021
Indianapolis, IN
Anyone have experience replacing a snapped rope in “Automatic Pool Cover“ Brand? We were able to close it manually last night. Can we just splice the broken pieces back together with a torch? Wondering exactly how to attach a new rope to the carriage? We can see how to attach the rope in the reel & found the trick to thread it through the track with a steel leader. How much rope do I need (30 ft pool)? Do I have to adjust tension somehow?

I'll answer your first question and defer (suggest a search) on the second. No you can't torch the rope back together. There is great deal of tension on the rope. Rope repair as a DIY is not super uncommon but also not popular. I ante up and have the pool cover folks do it (not cheap). Once so far at about 6 year point. Your best luck may be searching the forum here. Use the GSearch (Google Search) button after entering your search terms. You will find multiple hits. Finding someone live on the site for that issue is less likely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.