Anyone w/ success w/ light green cloudy above ground pool?

Re: Anyone w/ success w/ light green cloudy above ground poo

thanks again everyone....the water is clearing up better and better by the hour....I am starting to be able to see the bottom now! Next time (hopefully there won't be a next time anytime soon) I won't shock so high and I'll know my CYA. Thanks again.

Re: Anyone w/ success w/ light green cloudy above ground poo

First, I'm going to quote excerpts from myself earlier in this thread:
llanok said:
I've gotten mine to clear, ... However, the cheaper walmart filters do a much better job of catching the fine stuff... they do a good enough job to clear up my the cloudy pool. ..... My Intex filter/pump is on it's last legs, and I'll probably replace it with a sand filter and pump kit when it dies--I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around spending more on a pump and filter than the entire pool cost me.

Then, I'm going to have to eat my words. My new position is "No, I can't get my pool clear, and you may never get your pool clear either. At least not with your current setup."

The day after I posted my bit about using cheap wal-mart filters and the stock pump, my intex pump died. I wasn't ready with a decision as to which pump/filter combo to get to replace it. So, I snagged a new in box 2500 GPH intex pump/filter combo upgrade kit off of Craigslist for $50 figuring it would 1.be an upgrade, and 2.tide me over until I could get a real pump and filter.

With no pump for a couple of days, I had a pretty good greenish tinge starting, so I had to do some shocking. The pool then turned cloudy. I then vacuumed the silt/algae off the bottom and of course watched it blow right back into the pool through the stock Intex filter so I dashed off to wal-mart for a pack of their filters (I had A size and the new unit takes B size). Unfortunately, the new el-cheapo filters in size B don't seem to filter the fine stuff the way the A filters I bought last year do. They allow the fine silt to go right back into the pool.

When the pool sits over night, the water clears right up because the silt settles to the bottom, however as soon as I start the pump running, or people get into the pool, it turns cloudy again. I've been toying with the idea of a slime bag, but my inclination right now is to just go for the full sand filter and pump instead of throwing more money at stopgap solutions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.