Anyone used a Dosatron?

My pool pump is hard wired in. So I would need to buy the T104 timer and the WIon timer? Does the T104 actually power the WIon? Or would I have to keep track of both timers independently?

I seen a few mention to install a T104 type timer and then power a second timer from that.... How does that work? If the second timer only has power when the first timer activates then how does it keep track of the time? Maybe I am missing something...

You aren't too far off. Some people dose their chlorine based on pump run time, so they wire up an electrical outlet that is only hot when the timer turns the pump on. They leave their stenner pump plugged into that outlet, and it turns on when the pump turns on.

What we were saying is we prefer to run the stenner pump on it's own timer. So, my setup is that I have a T104 (actually it's a 120volt timer, so the model number is different) and I actually have a GFCI outlet that is NOT controlled by the Intermatic timer. I will plug my Woods timer into that GFCI, and the stenner into the Woods. Then, I will be operating my pump on one timer, and my stenner on another, independently. The reason I prefer this method is that I can run my pool pump longer and put all the chlorine in that I need within 30 minutes to an hour.

I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to accomplish by adding a another timer before the Stenner timer. The circulation pump and Stenner can operate on independent timers, the goal is to pick times for the Stenner to come on that coincide with your pump's timer. Depending on whether you go with the 3 or 10 GPD Stenner, you'll probably need to find ~5 hr or 1.5 hr of Stenner run time* during your circulation pump's normal daily cycle to activate the Stenner. If you run your pump from midnight to 7 am daily, simply program the Stenner timer to come on from 1 am to 6 am (for example). People suggest leaving a bit of wiggle room on either end in case the two timers get slightly out of synch.

*assuming 12.5% LC and typical ~2ppm FC loss per day

Thanks for the reply's... I may have misread something in another post but it appeared that they would wire a timer that would only activate if the pool pump timer was running. Then they would program the second timer to run for the amount that they needed for the stenner pump to run. I will search more and let you know if I come across it again. Its very possible that I misunderstood due to reading so many opinions.

I have another question... I talked to intermatic and they suggested the intermatic pe153 timer. It has 3 circuits and the second circuit will only activate if the first circuit has been running for one minute. This sounds like a great plan to be able to have the pool pump and stenner on timers that are linked together.. What are your thoughts? Trying to find the best option for me since I do not have any timers on the pool at this time.

I have another question... I talked to intermatic and they suggested the intermatic pe153 timer. It has 3 circuits and the second circuit will only activate if the first circuit has been running for one minute. This sounds like a great plan to be able to have the pool pump and stenner on timers that are linked together.. What are your thoughts? Trying to find the best option for me since I do not have any timers on the pool at this time.

Nice find! That is definitely another way to do what you're looking to do.

The only concern I have is that it only switches one line of a 220V circuit. I have read and been told that this is not a concern since a timer is not a disconnect. The main breaker will still need to be tripped anytime the pump is serviced since the timer could technically come on while its being worked on. What is everyone opinions on this one? I also found a relay that can be installed to make both lines switched but cannot find anything helpful on how this gets wired in. The part number is 143T135. I really think this timer is perfect for my plans but want to make sure it safe too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.