Anyone have the dimensions of the smart stir?

You should still get one though.
Thanks, I actually was referring to the smart stir, I didn’t even realize Taylor had one also. I see there is a smart stir on clearance on the tf test kits site

I think even if I have to modify the case to work I may do that. There are a lot of reagents in the kit I never use that I could move around to make room for it

Reactions: JamesW
The SmartStir is probably close to the same size as the Taylor Speed Stir.

You can ask tftestkit about the size.

The problem with the Taylor box is that it has fixed partitions and anything larger than a reagent bottle will not fit unless you maybe cut out partitions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just in case it's handy for a fellow TFP-er... Regarding ways to get all testing stuff in one convenient box, there are a hundred good solutions. But I fell into one that was very low cost and seems to be working great.

Four things happened.1) I ordered a K2006 refill pack from TFP, but got a TFP refill with the 2oz bottles. They wouldn't fit my box. 2) My wife ran into a sale on shoebox-sized containers. 3) I happened to receive something packed with a slab of closed cell foam. 4) I noted the TFP kit is organized with a cut out foam separator.

With about 20 minutes of diy, I ended up here:
PXL_20230122_180416097.MP.jpg
There's a clamp-on top not shown. The separator is laid out on paper, stuck to foam with Glue-stick as a cutting pattern, cut with Xacto knife, then peeled off.

The compactness is nice. It keeps the bottles vertical, also nice. No chance of leak due loose cap.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.